Friday, July 22, 2016

All I Want for Christmas Is an NES Classic




This is what I want for Christmas. Perfect for an old guy who doesn't want to spend any money, and who also doesn't care that it is 2016.  I have slipped in and out of gaming since I was a young kid blowing his paper route money every week for a two hour arcade reality escape. Pac Man and Space Invaders were my faves, but I liked Defender, Asteroids, and Joust just the same. I liked them because I'm a simple guy, and I like simple games. I have been out of the gamer loop for many years now, which is fine since I don't have the physical dexterity to work a controller anymore. While graphics have gotten far better, it seems the games themselves aren't as fun as they used to be. Of course, I suppose a mid-forties man shouldn't find video games fun at all. But I think having an all-in-one retro gaming solution like the NES Classic, for only $60 is not only justifiable, but downright necessary. Santa, I know it's only July, but I've been very good this year so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment