Thursday, July 21, 2011

Beef Enchiladas Verde

I slow cooked a beef pot roast in the crock all day. About three hours in I bought some fresh peppers of all sorts to dice in, from the local La Superior market on Northgate Blvd. I got a great deal on some Oaxaca cheese which must have been expired or something because it was about 99 cents a brick. Cheese is always best a few days past it's prime. The stinkier the better too. I don't mean for this to become a food blog, but right now that is where my thrills lie so I must see it through.
Anyway, I wrapped the beef into little enchi-blankies (flour tortillas), after braising it into a pan to evaporate some moisture out of the beef while infusing the flavor of the peppers. Then I smothered them in green Las Palmas enchilada sauce and expired Mexican cheese. Bake for forty minutes at 350 and boom. The best enchiladas so far according to Erika.

2 comments:

  1. OMG you risked giving me diarrhea and salmonella to save a few bucks... ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL>>>>Then again, You guy's think Chevy's has good food.

    ReplyDelete