Thursday, September 8, 2016

Rockin' and Rollin' and What Not


What a week it has been. After a great three day weekend, the shortened work week has passed by painlessly, and Friday is upon us. We are getting ever closer to the election, or what I call the end of it all. I thought it would never get so close, time wise and poll wise.  Yet here we are only six weeks out. My instincts say to bury my head in the sand, but we know that isn't possible. So instead I am going to embrace our national train wreck for it's pure entertainment value. Anything else is depressing, and to quote a friend, "Support is a strong word right now."




   Erika and I went to see a good suspense thriller called Don't Breathe, which started off as a mediocre, run of the mill, Netflix style sadist flick, but quickly evolved into a legit nail biter. I give it credit for being creative using highly played out scenarios. The book report is incomplete. Still plugging away at the Devil's Chessboard, and woefully short on details. I will definitely pass along anything earth quaking after digesting this CIA expose. I have finished the first of four parts of the audio book: Antiquities of the Jews, as told by Flavius Josephus. I recommend this to anyone who wants the Old Testament laid out in terms that are familiar, with emphasis on the morals to each story, which is lacking in the scriptures themselves. Librivox is a great source for such historical audio books for free. Look for the link in my other people's places section.
   I want to add that the current theory about Sandra Olsson being dead in Grease is poppycock. No sale on that fan theory. It says clearly in the first song that she was saved from drowning so yeah.











Sandy waves goodbye on her way to heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment