Monday, September 12, 2016

Beer Dawgs at Swabbi's

I originally didn't want to go, mainly because I hate the winding levee road called Garden Highway, which snakes it's way along the river for miles to the Swabbi's restaurant and bar, located just below the I-5 overpass near Woodland. I just hate that road with it's narrow lanes, and foot wide shoulders that pan off into the abyss. Not a place a like to travel to, or a road I like to travel on. I had little choice however as Erika informed me that I was going whether I wanted to or not.
   Still, we arrived without incident and even lucked into the only handicap parking space left. That was fortunate because the terrain is very uneven and challenging for a guy like me who is somewhere between being able to walk and needing a wheelchair. Swabbi's is a very enjoyable place to eat, drink, and enjoy live music. It's nestled right on the bank of the river, with shady trees, and grass on a wide open lot. Great beer and okay food.
   The Beer Dawgs are led by singer/guitarists Steve Wall and Bob Pearce, and joined by former bassist Joe Lev. Though not still together since Bob moved to Texas, they have been playing their home grown tunes mixed with some tasty covers in Sacramento for decades. They even played our wedding. So any time they get together locally, Erika makes sure to attend. She took a few clips of the gig, so I thought I'd share them here.
   After all, it was a successful outing, and we found a faster, less nerve racking route home that swings by the metropolitan airport. Would definitely do it again.









No comments:

Post a Comment