Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wherefore Art Mine Bicycle?

Today my bike was stolen right out from the parking lot of the shop. I knew I should have put it inside, not because it might get heisted, but because rain was imminent. I loaded a delivery into the van and took it across town to the Capitol Towers apartments. I hadn't been gone for an hour when I returned to find my lock lying on the concrete, cut clean in half. The familiar sight of my bike leaning on the metal exterior piping was replaced with empty emptiness. I loved that bike and it has gotten me to and from work more times than I can count. Too bad some strange scumbag is hugging his crotch on my poor seat and probably can't reach the pedals.  So happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words of sympathy for the loss of our beloved Grrreta. Your thoughtfulness and friendship are truly appreciated.

    Purrs,
    Ambrose, Clarence, Teddi, Baskin, Abner, and Mom Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kindly for your comforting words of sympathy about our dear Chica.

    Cats of wildcat woods

    ReplyDelete