Tuesday, October 4, 2016

More Vitamin D and Sunshine Says Dr. Feelgood

Well this new tan is coming along nicely. I've been sitting out back in the yard nearly every day for half an hour after getting home from work. It takes a long time to turn a guy as white as myself toward any hint of a tan, but hours of daylight absorption is starting to show. I am doing this purely for the benefits associated with UV rays converted to vitamin D. As I've said before, MS is linked to vitamin D deficiencies, and I have difficulty getting my range into the normal or preferred percentage levels. I would be interested in taking a blood test in the near future to see what impact if any this sunning is doing for me, along with the gobs of vitamin D pills I take daily. I know one thing, my levels have never been alarmingly high, so I'm going for excess. 
   I just wish I could afford all the other vitamins I also need. I don't want to overlook the importance of B12, CoQ10, omega-3 fish oils, vitamins C and E. Not to mention zinc, and L-Citrulline, and the list goes on. All of it costing a pretty penny. Still the importance of it all makes me want to cut out other expenses to make room for these supplements. Unlike probably most people, I am very sensitive to the direct benefits I get from these, most often in the form of energy and mental well being, though libido and balance are also affected. Perhaps because having MS is like feeling shitty permanently, anything that alleviates that even just a little bit is noticeable, and desirable. On the logical and rational side, supplements are cheaper and more accessible than prescription drugs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment